Message from the Interim Dean Laura A. Hayden
Welcome to the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) at UMass Boston. At CEHD we are deeply committed to enhancing education and lifelong learning through high quality, socially just, and inclusive teaching, research, and community engagement. Our work informs and is informed by our urban home in a diverse world-class city, advancing education and inclusion while engaging our students as they prepare to enter increasingly complex and diverse communities in a broad spectrum of professional roles that promote inclusive human and social development. Through research, teaching, and community engagement, the CEHD faculty, staff, and students make a significant impact in addressing educational equity, inclusion, achievement and well-being both locally and globally.
CEHD relies on strong local and global partnerships that enhance the experience of our students while simultaneously contributing to the quality of education and inclusion in those settings. By translating research into action, promoting the role of culture and community in education, being champions for inclusion, and engaging in reflective practice, our graduates are prepared to be leaders in a wide range of transformative professional roles.
CEHD is the proud home of three academic departments and one school:
- Department of Counseling and School Psychology
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Leadership in Education
- School for Global Inclusion and Social Development
Each department and school offers a broad range of opportunities, including:
- Massachusetts state licensure programs;
- master’s and doctoral degrees;
- Certificates of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS); and
- undergraduate teacher preparation.
CEHD also provides leadership for five centers and institutes:
- Center for Science and Mathematics in Context (COSMIC)
- Institute for Community Inclusion
- Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation
- Institute for International and Comparative Education
- Institute for New England Native American Studies
We invite you to become involved with our vibrant community of talented students, outstanding faculty members, dedicated staff, and engaged community partners as we work together to transform lives through the continuous enhancement of human and social development for lifelong learning and education.